HDFC Bank mobile ATM: List of services provided by ATMs
HDFC Bank has announced the availability of mobile automated teller machines (ABMs) across India to assist customers during the lockdown, in light of increasing Covid-19 cases and restrictions imposed in various parts of the country. During last year’s lockdown, HDFC Bank successfully deployed mobile ATMs in more than 50 cities, enabling thousands of customers to get cash to meet their needs.
An automated teller machine (ATM) is a computerized machine that allows bank customers to access their accounts, withdraw money, and perform other financial transactions without having to visit a branch. Mobile ATMs are portable and can be placed anywhere.
Any ATM, debit card, credit card or prepaid card allowing cash withdrawals from an ATM can be used. These cards can also be used for a variety of other purchases.
The locations for the deployment of mobile ATM are being determined in collaboration with the local authorities of the city.
How to use an HDFC ATM?
Step 1: Visit your nearest HDFC ATM
Step 2: Insert your card into the ATM
Step 3: Leave the card in the terminal until the transaction is complete
Step 4: Click on the services to use
Step 5: Follow the instructions on the ATM screen
Step 6: Remove card ONLY when prompted
Step 7: Press CANCEL on the keypad before exiting the ATM
Type of services offered on HDFC mobile ATMs
- Cash withdrawal –
- Balance request
- Request for mini-statements –
- Changing the ATM PIN code
- Generate an ATM PIN code via a green PIN code
- Make credit card payments
- Instant loans to clients
- Checkbook / account statement order
- Prepaid mobile recharge
- Transfer funds between accounts linked to the same ATM / debit card
- Pay utility bills
- Find out about the status of the check
- IPIN request (Netbanking PIN code)
- Register for Mobile Banking
- Update mobile number
- Cash withdrawal without card
You can also change your PIN, pay utility bills, pay credit card bills and top up your mobile and much more at HDFC ATMs.
- HDFC ATMs can help you order a checkbook or account statement.
- Get a mini statement showing your account balance and the last 9 transactions on your account.
- Pre-select the language, account and amount of your cash withdrawals to save time.
- At any of the HDFC ATMs, you can pay your HDFC Bank credit card bill. The main account from your debit / ATM card will be deducted.
- You can move money between accounts. A card can be linked to a maximum of 16 accounts (savings and current).
- BillPay, a full-service bill payment service, allows you to pay your mobile, telephone and electricity bills through our ATMs.
- Request your NetBanking Password (IPIN) from an ATM, and it will be mailed to you at the address on your record.
- Sign up for MobileBanking to access our banking services directly from your phone.
- DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) allows a foreigner to view the precise amount that will be deducted from their overseas bank account when using an ATM.
For investment related articles, business news and mutual fund advice